Thursday, March 4, 2010

NOTHING WORKS RIGHT!

Urghghgugh.

So, last night I was supposed to go have dinner with a couple of friends downtown.  I had really been looking forward to it, because I honestly don't get out very much.

We were supposed to meet at 7pm, which would require me leaving the house at around 6, since I live up in Markham and it can take a while to get downtown during peak traffic periods.

I get into my car, turn the key in the ignition and ... whrrrrr *click!*

I try it again and ... *click!*

Now the car didn't even want to start.

I thought maybe my brother, who had used the car earlier, accidentally left the lights on and killed the battery (for some reason he turns on the full night lights during the day, instead of letting the car just use its automatic daytime lights), but the battery was fully charged.

Under no circumstances could we get the car started.  Now it's being towed to a Canadian Tire for repairs.  Hopefully it will be a quick repair...

It just sucks because now we need to reschedule that dinner I was supposed to go to (we ended up cancelling the thing).  And everyone but me is an incredibly busy person with limited free time.

It is often frustrating being the one who always has free time while everyone else always has plans.  I'm always the one who is saying, "I'm totally free any night whatsoever", while everyone else is available for maybe one night a month.  So it often ends up that with some of my friends, I maybe see them once a year.

And it's not just because I'm not working right now!  Even when I was working my evenings would be totally free, while everyone else always had things going on.  It was not an unusual occurrence for me to be at home all weekend for months on end.

But I guess it wasn't all bad; staying in on weekends is how I discovered the genius of the British show The Vicar of Dibley.

I wonder if this is somehow my fault.  If I am not a social enough person, or if I don't take enough initiative...

No idea.  Time to play some guitar.

By the way, here is a song I recorded about a year ago.  I don't like the title "Untitled 2" obviously, but I've never gotten around to renaming it:

No comments:

Post a Comment