Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Dada Polka

Monday was the Magnetic Fields concert, and a great time was had by all.  I was really impressed by their arrangements.  You can really tell how talented a songwriter is when they take a song largely based on electronic instruments, and can make it sound even better as an acoustic version sans drums.

Well done, Magnetic Fields.

They played a lot of material, from the whole of their catalogue.  Including:

Summer Lies
Falling in Love with the Wolfboy
100,000 Fireflies
The Nun's Litany
You and Me And The Moon
All The Umbrellas in London
I Don't Really Love You Anymore
Infinitely Late at Night
You Must Be Out of Your Mind
Interlude
We Are Having a Hootenanny

And many more.  One thing I am surprised by is that they didn't play anything from "Holiday".  It would have been great to hear them do "Take Ecstasy With Me".  But you can't have everything.

I bought a t-Shirt.  This is the Front.


This is the Back.


And this is a close up of the front art.



The shirt was designed by M + E, whose work can be seen at that link.  

They are also keeping a blog about their travels on the tour (they run the merch booth).  That can be found at: We Are Having a Hootenanny.  Look at all of the nice things they have to say about Toronto.

I am fiddling on my guitar while I type this, and I really am not doing very well at it.  I need to get back to basics and work on my fingering.

No comments:

Post a Comment