Sunday, January 31, 2010

In September of 2004, a plane crashed...

In just two days the final season of "Lost" begins!  It is an exciting time, and I'm very pleased that there have been so few spoilers floating around about what happens this season.  I've kept myself well behaved too, I think, in terms of hunting out spoilers.  I really want to be totally blown away and surprised by what happens this year (something I haven't been very disciplined about for previous seasons).

I firmly believe that "Lost" will go down in history as a revolutionary program for modern television.  How often is a TV show allowed to end on its own terms when its ratings are still quite good?  It is a show that kept its story as the topmost priority, and it was definitely not afraid to take huge risks.

Unless they somehow completely screw it up this final season (which I highly doubt), "Lost" will be one of those TV shows that will stand the test of time, and will truly be a piece of storytelling that deserves its place among other great works of literary science fiction.

Anyways, I can't wait for Tuesday to get here.  They did a screening of the first hour on a beach yesterday in Hawaii (where the show is filmed), but I've kept myself from reading anything about what took place in the episode.  I'm really going to enjoy this run...

No comments:

Post a Comment